Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Slowdown (temporary of course). Japanese lessons are coming!

The development is in a relative slowdown - although I implemented quite a few changes in the program (see release notes) I haven't still deployed them. The main reason is I am watching for Google's behavior related to indexing of the site. Somehow it shows thousands and thousands of indexed pages and I simply can't figure out what those pages are. What bothers me the most is that the number of indexed pages keeps growing and growing and growing. I turned off all sorting on lesson list, word translation list and reviews list (these links could be the problem of recursive calls) but the number is still growing. I am going to wait for a while to see if anything changes.

On the bright side I have completed working with a person from Japan who did the Japanese translation of this magic iPolyglotDictionary.xls file. So, please start vibrantly expect several hundreds of Japanese lessons!

No comments: