Thursday, March 02, 2006

New version is deployed!

New version of Internet Polyglot is deployed!

It has the whole bunch of new features and fixes of previous small bugs. The main features are:
  • Lesson creators can now place their Google AdSense public key on their lessons so that if a visitor goes to their lessons this public key is used for showing the Google Ads on the right-side block of advertisement - so if the visitor clicks on it all money for this click go to the lesson creator. So if you still is hesitating creating new languages with Internet P0lyglot - please read this topic in forum: http://www.internetpolyglot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9 and join the exciting world of multilingualism! :)) Small print though: for now there is no way to add this public key by yourself because this cool thing is still considered a pilot program (or as Google would call it Beta) and if you are interested in placing your AdSense key - you need to contact me and tell me that you know the main rules of AdSense and carefully read this document: What can I do to ensure that my account won't be disabled?
  • The site speaks now in three languages: English, Russian and Dutch! And it speaks pretty fluently I must say! Thanks much to Baggeroli for translating it to Dutch! Just change your browser's settings the way I explained it earlier in http://internetpolyglot.blogspot.com/2006/02/internet-polyglot-now-speaks-russian.html to Russian or Dutch and you'll see the difference. Welkom and Добро пожаловать!
  • Newsletter - please take a second and subscribe to it. I solemnly promise: I will never spam you! The newsletters will be mostly announcing the new features and creation of new lessons.
  • There have been also some minor fixes like changing the titles for better search engine searchability, changing a couple of colors and so on.
As usual during such a big deployments there can be new bugs introduced, so my dear friends - please if you encounter anything wrong please cry out loud, email me, place your comments on this blog or write in the forums - this help will be immensely appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola! Well done on a nice blog Blogger. I was looking for information on spanish poems and came across your post New version is deployed! - not precisely what I was looking for related to spanish poems but an interesting read all the same!

You see I've just started out learning Spanish. I think I've found a pretty good method, but I'm constantly trying to learn more - faster - and improve. I can't wait to get over to Panama. Already made contact with a few hot Latina chicks. Looks VERY promising. Just got to improve on the Spanish :o)

If you'd like to keep an eye on my progress and perhaps provide some helpful advice, everyone's welcome. Please just surf over to Learn Spanish for Love. I look forward to meeting you.

Hasta luego!