Saturday, May 06, 2006

Promote your language lessons. Introduction (What do I do with my lessons now?)

Content Next Article

My dear lesson creators!

All of you have done an incredible job in translating this long and sometimes boring iPolyglotDictionary.xml file, I have a good job too in loading these lessons into the database and now you are the author of virtually hundred of language lessons online. You have also gave me you Google AdSense public key and you lessons can get you some extra money.

Congratulations!

Emmm... you say... and what am I supposed to do with them now? Huh? Isn't what I have done going to be in vain? Are people using my lessons? How much money am I going to get from it?

The answer is yes - people use them and I can clearly see it in the site's statistics. And people do click on Google ads (my statistics show that from about 10 visits one of them clicks on an ad).

Another answer is - too few people are still know about this site, therefore too few people know about your lessons. And without people knowing about your lessons they will not be visited, used, played, no ad clicks.

People should know about your lessons. I am personally working day and night to make the site visible to the search engines (Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc.). The latest new is getting a fabulous result in appearing on the first page on MSN search on some very competitive search keywords. Check it out: MSN search on "english spanish lessons". The amount of visitors grows month by month.

And you can help too. You can create a significant amount of visitors going to your lessons. How? This is the topic of this new series of blogposts in this blog. In this series I am going to share with you my experience on how to attract new people to our pages, give you advice on how to do it without too extensive effort.

Ready? Here we go!



  1. Importance of links. How to build links
  2. Friends and Family
  3. Forums
  4. Blogging


Next Article

No comments: