Links are very important.
Every link that is pointing to our site brings more people to it. This is how it works:
- First, people are browsing internet, they are coming to a language website of a directory (see for example this page: http://www.hedir.com/education.html ) and they see a link pointing to InternetPolyglot and they like the description that comes with this link and they decide to click it. So they come to our site.
- Search engines such as Google, MSN, Yahoo - they also go to those sites and if they see a link pointing to InternetPolyglot they decide: aha! this site is something good since some other site is pointing to it. And then they (search engines) increase the rank of our site and move it closer to the beginning of the search results visible by other people. And the closer our site to the beginning of search results the more people come to our site. Ask yourself - when you search something on Google - how many pages you go through after getting the resutls? One, two, maximum three - so that is why it is so important to us to get as close to the beginning as possible.
How to build links to your lessons.
Now let's talk about what the link to your lesson should look like. Let us say, for example, that your are the author of Spanish lessons. The code for Spanish is es and the links to your lessons will look like this:
http://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-es-en - Spanish-English lessons
http://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-es-fr - Spanish-French lessons
http://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-es-nl - Spanish-Dutch lessons
http://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-es-ru - Spanish-Russian lessons
http://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-es-ja - Spanish-Japanese lessons
and so on.
These are the important rules that you need to follow when you build a link to your lessons:
- It should always start with http:// - this way search engines find it better and idex it better
- It should always contain www. - although you can type the address in the browser without it, it is again very important for search engines.
- Always check that the link points to the right location after you place it anywhere - click on it and see that it opens the right page
To beginning Previous Article Next Article